A McDonald’s cashier/drive-thru team member works in both the front of the restaurant and at our drive-thru windows, taking orders for customers, making customers change when necessary, and assisting with self-order kiosks. These important role duties include:
- Greeting customers with a smile
- Taking accurate food orders
- Partner with other Teams and Managers to meet target goals during your shift.
- Restaurant Cleanliness
- Ensuring items are well stocked.
- Maintain a fast speed of service, especially during rush times.
- Take orders from customers and input their orders into the restaurant’s computer systems.
- Assemble orders on trays or in bags depending on the type of order.
Requirements, qualities, skills, knowledge, and abilities may be required of a McDonald’s cashier:
- Must be at ease with managing the contents of the cash drawer.
- Proficiency in calculating, making accurate entries, and posting into journals.
- Effective communication aptitude in explaining accounting policies, principles, and information in a way that is easy to understand by the consumer.
- Precision and integrity in managing cash flows and control of revenue.
- Prompt accomplishment of tasks assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Education through Archways to Opportunity including opportunities to earn a High School degree, college tuition assistance, and English classes as a second language
- Employee discounts and free meals
- Local and national savings at your favorite places
- Paid sick leave and/or paid time away
- Recognition program and cash incentives