McDonald’s can be fun, as well as challenging, and entails carrying out several duties, tasks, and responsibilities on a daily basis.
The following job description shows the major functions you will perform working at McDonald's:
- Prepares meals during breakfast, lunch, and dinner rush hours.
- Follows recipes with great attention to detail.
- Communicates with cashiers, and crew members.
- Ensure safety and sanitation standards are maintained with utensils, surfaces, and cooking areas in the kitchen.
- Operate griddles, deep-fat fryers, grills, and other large-volume equipment for cooking.
- Read any food slips containing orders and accept verbal instructions provided front line or manager.
- Package foods properly to ensure they do not get cold before delivery or before being sold.
- Stock, restock, and clean workstations.
- Follow recipes in preparing all foods.
Requirements-Skills, Knowledge, Abilities for McDonald’s Fast-Food Restaurant Cook.
You will need to develop certain skills, knowledge, and abilities to excel as a cook at McDonald's, including the following:
- Possess knowledge, or ability to learn, food portion sizes, and sandwich assembly.
- Ability to carry out food quality and top hygiene standards.
- Possess skills to properly present and arrange food to make such food pleasant to the eyes.
- Ability to grill, fry, and toast foods and meats of different types.
- Ability to be on time, and reliable.
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Education through Archways to Opportunity including opportunities to earn a High School degree, college tuition assistance and English classes as a second language
- Employee discounts and free meals
- Local and national savings at your favorite places
- Paid sick leave and/or paid time away
- Recognition program and cash incentives