A McDonald’s Shift Manager provides leadership to team and other managers during a shift to ensure great Quality, Service, and Cleanliness to customers.
Shift Managers perform a variety of tasks, which may include:
- Planning for each shift
- Inventory Management
- Monitoring performance during the shift
- Taking action to ensure the team is meeting McDonald’s standards.
- Monitoring food safety, security, and profitability
- Communicating with the next Shift Manager to help prepare him/her to run a great shift, too.
- Shift Managers may also be responsible for meeting targets during their shifts and for helping their assigned Departments meet their goals.
- Daily Maintenance and Cleanliness
- Managing Team and Training
- Quality Food Production
- Exceptional Customer Service
Requirements, qualities, skills, knowledge, and abilities to be a McDonald’s Shift Manager:
- Open availability
- Comfortable working in hot areas of the restaurant like the kitchen
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of different people.
- Handling upset customers to nervous new employees
- Great communication skills
- Truck deliveries and lifting as much as 50 lbs.
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Education through Archways to Opportunity including opportunities to earn a High School degree, college tuition assistance, and English classes as a second language
- Employee discounts and free meals
- Local and national savings at your favorite places
- Paid Time Off
- Recognition program and cash incentives