This job posting is for a position in a restaurant owned and operated by an independent franchisee and not McDonald’s USA. This franchisee owns a license to use McDonald’s logos and food products, for example, when running the restaurant. However, this franchisee is a separate company and a separate employer from McDonald’s USA. If you are hired for the job described in this posting, the franchisee will be your employer, not McDonald’s USA. Only the franchisee is responsible for employment matters at the restaurant, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervisions, staffing, and scheduling employees. McDonald’s USA has no control over employment matters at the restaurant. McDonald’s USA will not receive a copy of your employment application and it will have no involvement in any employment decisions, including whether you receive an interview for the job or whether you are hired.
McDonald's Works for Me.
I’m going places. I want a satisfying career with good benefits and great opportunities for advancement. I have a lot to offer and I want to grow.
The Job for Me – Get a job that inspires your best and moves you forward. Choose your hours. Pursue your education. Build your skills and be yourself.
The Team for Me – Our people want to say YES — to working with energy and purpose, finding new talent, providing coaching and direction, honing their leadership skills, and helping to run a business that serves up delicious food and feel-good moments. Does this sound like you? You’ll fit right in.
The Company for Me – From here, you can go further than you thought possible. Reach your goals and build your future with college tuition assistance, valuable job training, and retirement benefits.
As the face of our franchise brand, the General Manager will be responsible for ensuring a great customer experience, achieving targets, and managing all aspects of QSR operations
Let’s talk. Make your move.
The General Manager is responsible for running a profitable restaurant and for making sure the restaurant meets McDonald’s critical customer standards of Quality, Service, and Cleanliness. These standards are high, so this is a big job! The General Manager works with his/her leader to set the restaurant’s goals and creates a plan to achieve the goals.
To meet restaurant goals, the General Manager doesn’t work alone. He or she leads a team of Department Managers that has specific responsibilities in the restaurant. This means helping the Department Managers to set their own goals, following up on their progress, and providing coaching and direction to improve their Departments. By improving the Departments, the restaurant improves!
The General Manager may also be responsible for hiring and developing Department and Shift Managers to make sure that the restaurant has the right team to lead into the future.
Ideal candidates should have previous General Manager experience running high volume locations. McDonald's experience is a plus! A background in quick service restaurants is strongly desired, or experience in hospitality or retail. You must be 18 years or older to be a manager in our restaurants.
A General Manager at a McDonald’s Franchisee owned restaurant is eligible for incredible benefits including:
• Competitive salary range $45,000 - $60,000, based on experience
• Performance monthly bonus up to $1,200
• 100% company-paid health insurance
• 15-20 days paid vacation
• Education through Archways to Opportunity including opportunities to earn a High School degree, college tuition assistance and English classes as a second language
• Dental and vision coverage
• MDLive (physician online) included in health insurance package
• Free meals while working
• Company cell phone
• Employee discounts on food
• Tuition assistance program up to $3000 per year to continue your education
• Perk program on merchandise and services outside the restaurant
• Training and development program
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with matching company contribution up to 4%
• Pre-tax flexible spending accounts
• Short- and Long-Term Disability, life and accident insurance
• Service awards
• Lead and motivate the store team to deliver exceptional customer service meeting shift targets
• Oversee daily operations, including food safety, customer service, and inventory management
• Maintain high standards of quality, service, and cleanliness in the restaurant
• Drive sales growth and profitability by executing marketing initiatives
• Achieve financial goals controlling food and labor costs, managing inventory, and maximizing sales
• Ensure compliance with brand standards, health and safety regulations, and company policies
• Foster a positive, productive, and safe work environment for all employees
• Train and develop employees to reach their full potential
• Respond to customer complaints and resolve any operational issues
• Collaborate with shift managers to improve overall restaurant performance and achieve targets
• Manage the restaurant budget to meet business goals and targets
• Communicate effectively with the franchisee management team to align business objective requirements
• Proven experience as a General Manager in the fast food or restaurant industry, at least 3 years of experience as a QSR General Manager
• Strong knowledge of QSR operations, including financial management and customer service
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with excellent communication
• Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Passion for the franchise brand and a desire to provide a great customer experience
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills • Ability to motivate and lead a team to success
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
• Managers must be 18 or older and complete a background check during the application process
If you are ready to join a dynamic, growing company and make a difference in the lives of our employees, customers, and community, please apply today!
How to apply
Complete your application here and upload your resume at McHire or submit your resume to [email protected] highlighting your relevant experience and why you would be a great fit for this role. Join the McDonald's team today and take advantage of all the benefits and opportunities we offer!
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work in this restaurant but is not a complete description of all duties of the job. People who work in this restaurant perform a number of different tasks every day and this posting does not list every essential function of the job
By applying to this position, I understand that I am applying to work at a restaurant that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not McDonald’s USA. I understand that this franchisee is a separate company and a separate employer from McDonald’s USA. Any information I provide in this application will be submitted only to the independent franchisee, who is the only company responsible for employment matters at this restaurant. I recognize that the independent franchisee alone will make all decisions concerning employment matters, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. By applying for a job at a franchisee operated restaurant, I understand that the information I provide will be forwarded to the franchisee organization in order for that organization to reach out to me and process and evaluate my application. I acknowledge that McDonald’s USA will not receive a copy of my employment application and will have no involvement in any employment decisions regarding me, including whether I receive an interview or whether I am hired to work for the franchisee. I understand that I need to contact the franchise organization for information about its privacy practices.